Man who was trapped in basement of Surrey fire given CPR

A man who died after being trapped in Surrey fire was given CPR. The 50-year old man died in a Surrey house fire after he was trapped in the basement.

Basement ordeal

The Surrey firefighters rescued the man from a basement suite in the 15600-block of 82nd Ave. just after midnight. Life-saving efforts specifically CPR was performed but the man died shortly after.

Calgary first aid
The prompt delivery of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) can save a life.

According to BC RCMP, the fire does not appear to be suspicious in nature and was likely brought about by a lit cigarette. The smoke alarm of the house was disconnected and found on top of the fridge. The upper part of the house was not damaged in the blaze.

Delivery of CPR to save a life

The prompt delivery of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) can save a life. It is life-saving technique that significantly improves the chances of survival during emergencies. Although not all cases yield a positive outcome, delivery of the technique can greatly help the condition of the victim than doing nothing at all.

For more information about this story, click here.

LEARN MORE

Learn how to help by enrolling in a first aid and CPR course and for more information, check out these sources:

https://www.wikihow.com/Do-Basic-First-Aid

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiopulmonary_resuscitation

https://www.webmd.com/first-aid/cardiopulmonary-resuscitation-cpr-treatment

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Please complete this captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

Call Now Button