choose your plan
Nationally Accredited Award
First Aid Certification
Alberta OH&S Approved
Private Training Available
Childcare First Aid
Standard First Aid
CPR Level C
CPR Level HCP
Emergency First Aid
Calgary First Aid offers workplace approved first aid and CPR recertification courses. These courses are designed for candidates that need to renew expiring first aid and / or CPR certificates. All first aid renewal courses include CPR and automated external defibrillator (AED) certification. All stand-alone CPR recertification courses include AED certification. Learn about the different recertification courses available and select the course you need from below.
First Aid and CPR Recertification Courses in Calgary.
The following is a list of all the available first aid and CPR recertification’s courses that we offer:
- Standard first aid and CPR level “C” – This is a 8 hour course that is also referred to as intermediate first aid. This course meets Alberta OH&S requirements.
- Standard first aid health care provider CPR – This is a 8 hour course. This course is also referred to as intermediate first aid with basic life support. This course meets Alberta OH&S requirements for first aid training.
- Emergency first aid and CPR level “C” – This is a 8 hour course. This course is also referred to as basic first aid.
- Emergency first aid and CPR level “B” – This is a 8 hour course. This course is also referred to as basic first aid.
- Emergency first aid and CPR level “A” – This is a 8 hour course. This course is also referred to as basic first aid.
CPR only Recertification Courses:
Calgary first aid offers the following stand-alone CPR recertification courses:
- Health Care Provider CPR Recertification Course in Calgary and AED – Also referred to as basic life support (BLS),tThis course 4 to 5 hours in length.
- CPR level “C” and AED – This course is 4 hours in length.
- CPR level “B” and AED – This course is 4 hours in length.
- *CPR level “A” and AED courses do not have available recertification courses. Candidates must retake the full course to re-certify.
First Aid and CPR Recertification Prerequisites:
To be eligible for a recertification course candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must have completed a recertification course or a full course within the past 3 years.
- Candidates must have completed the previous certification course through a credible provider. Credible providers include: St. Johns Ambulance, Red Cross, Lifesaving Society, St Mark James, and the Heart and Stroke Foundation. Certificate obtained via online courses will not be eligible for workplace approved recertification.
- Candidates must have completed a regular or recertification course within Canada. International certificates are not eligible for a recertification. Certificates are nationally accredited, not internationally.
To register for a CPR and / or first aid recertification course select the re-cert course of your choosing from the main menu or from the selection above. Select the course location, date and time of your choosing and complete the registration form. Pre-pay via our online payment system to be guaranteed a spot in the course.
Calgary first aid offers first aid and CPR recertification throughout Calgary in comfortable and convenient locations. On the course page you will have the option of selecting the course location of your choosing.
- Candidates must bring previous certification card to course to present to the Calgary First Aid instructor.