Calgary first aid offers standard first aid and CPR courses. All standard first aid classes are accompanied with CPR training. Alberta OH&S approved standard first aid includes CPR level “C” is coupled with this course, however, candidates may choose the option of having CPR – HCP co-delivered with their standard first aid. All standard first aid courses include AED training and workplace approved (OH&S) certification.
Different Types of Standard First Aid Courses:
- Alberta OH&S approved Standard first aid with CPR level “C” and AED – The length of this course is 16 hours and is typically completed within two days. The cost of the course is 127.99
- Alberta OH&S approved Standard first aid with CPR level “C” and AED and health care provider CPR (CPR “HCP”)– The length of this course is 16.5 hours and is usually completed within two days. The cost of the course is 127.99
Course length is 16 hours (16.5 for Standard first aid with CPR level “C” and AED with health care provider CPR (CPR “HCP”)
The cost of this course is 127.99 (all taxes and certification fees are included). No hidden fees. CPR training in level “C” and AED is included with the option to complete CPR “HCP”.
Standard First Aid Course Content:
The following is a general overview of the course content in a workplace approved standard first aid course:
- CPR for adult, child and infant victims.
- Obstructed airway (choking) recognition and treatment for victims of all ages.
- Circulatory emergency recognition and treatment. Includes heart attacks, angina and strokes.
- Respiratory emergency recognition and treatment. Includes asthma, anaphlyaxis, and hyperventilation.
- Deadly bleeding treatment.
- Soft tissue injuries.
- Broken and fractured bones.
- Spinal injuries.
- Diabetic emergencies.
- Environmental emergencies.
- Sudden medical emergencies.
Workplace Approved Certification:
Once you successfully complete the skills component and the multiple choice test, with a minimum grade of 70%, you will receive a (OH&S) approved standard first aid and CPR certificate that is current for 3 years. Re-certification courses are available for this program. To determine if you are eligible for a re-cert course select from the re-certification courses in the main menu or the side menu.
We have 3 training centres in Calgary where we offer our standard first aid courses. Please visit our locations page to view our training centres.
At Calgary First Aid we understand that people learn at different speeds and through a variety of different methods. If you do not complete the course the first time you are eligible to retake the course at no extra cost.
Refunds or Cancellations:
Refunds and cancellation will not be processes within 72 hours of the course. Transfers within 72 hours of the course will be charged $25.00. Prior to 72 hours of the course candidates are eligible for a full refund or transfer to another course.
To register for a standard first aid course in Calgary select the date, time and location from the selection below. Complete the registration form and pre-pay to guarantee yourself a spot in the course. At Calgary First Aid we rarely cancel a course (less than 1% of courses were cancelled in 2011). We are experienced provides offering courses throughout Canada.