Calgary first aid

Two youth in critical state given CPR after Edmonton house fire

Residents of Edmonton’s Lago Lindo neighborhood are devasted after a fire. The incident started as a cooking fire that tore through a house and hospitalized 3 people.

The fire started in the kitchen of a single-family house at 17808 93 St. The fire was due to over-heated cooking oil left unattended for a few minutes. The fire was contained to the kitchen and under control 20 minutes later.

Deadly fire

Calgary first aid
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is a life-saving technique that is very useful during emergencies.

The firefighters delivered CPR on 2 teenagers who were retrieved from the second floor of the north Edmonton house who suffered from smoke inhalation. One of the teens was in critical condition. A young adult believed to be between 17-20 years old was also in a critical state.

A next-door neighbor, Joan Kucher stated that she was sitting down to watch a movie with her son when she heard popping sounds and the siren of a distant fire truck. When she went outside on the deck, flames were shooting out of the kitchen window.

Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is a life-saving technique that is very useful during emergencies. Prompt delivery significantly increases the chances of survival.

For more information about this story, click here.

LEARN MORE

Learn how to help by enrolling in a class on CPR and AED and for more information, check out these sources:

https://www.wikihow.com/Do-Basic-First-Aid

https://www.mayoclinic.org/first-aid/first-aid-cpr/basics/art-20056600

https://www.healthline.com/health/smoke-inhalation

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Serving Calgary and the surrounding areas the lowest priced, highest quality OH&S approved first aid training, CPR and food safety courses since 2012.

Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top
Call Now Button
× Need help?