Toddler dies despite first aid attempts after choking

A 13-month old boy died despite first aid attempts after choking on food while eating at his daycare in Gatineau.

Child in danger

The incident occurred at around 11:45 AM at the CPE La Ribambelle in the Aylmer sector of Gatineau. When the staff saw that the boy was in distress, they attempted to resuscitate him with first aid measures but he was declared dead in a healthcare facility in Hull.

Calgary first aid

Proper first aid measures must be carried out during a choking ordeal.

The Service de police de la Ville de Gatineau stated that they do not believe that there was any criminal intent, but the Quebec coroner is investigation in accordance with policy for all deaths of children below the age of 6. An autopsy has been scheduled.

Enroll in a first aid course today

If you want to be prepared to handle emergencies such as choking, you should enroll in a first aid course today. Proper first aid measures must be carried out during a choking ordeal.

For more information about this story, click here.

LEARN MORE

Learn how to help by enrolling in a training on first aid and for more information, check out these sources:

https://www.babycenter.com/0_infant-first-aid-for-choking-and-cpr-an-illustrated-guide_9298.bc

https://www.wikihow.com/Do-Basic-First-Aid

https://www.webmd.com/first-aid/default.htm

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Please complete this captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

Call Now Button