Calgary first aid

Elderly woman dead after fire

An elderly woman died when a Friday night fire occurred. The woman was identified by family as Margaret Coutu who was in her late 60s.

Deadly fire claims a life

The fire broke out in the 2200 block of 9th Avenue N.W around 8:20 PM. The firefighters had to face the smoke and flames at a single-family house. The crews discovered the woman inside a side door. CPR was performed on her before she was quickly transported to a healthcare facility where she was later declared dead due to her injuries.

Calgary first aid
CPR was performed on her before she was quickly transported to a healthcare facility where she was later declared dead due to her injuries.

According to one neighbor, Margaret lived at the home with her sister, Helen and has been at the home since the late 1970s.

According to Harley Spate, battalion chief with the Calgary Fire Department, the investigation on the fire was completed but the results were not ready to be released.

For more information about this story, click here.

LEARN MORE

Learn how to help by enrolling in a CPR class and for more information, check out these sources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiopulmonary_resuscitation

https://www.mayoclinic.org/first-aid/first-aid-cpr/basics/art-20056600

https://www.webmd.com/first-aid/cardiopulmonary-resuscitation-cpr-treatment

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Serving Calgary and the surrounding areas the lowest priced, highest quality OH&S approved first aid training, CPR and food safety courses since 2012.

Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top
Call Now Button
× Need help?