Respiratory Emergencies

Calgary first aid

Rapid thinking with first aid saves the life of a woman

If not for the quick thinking and first aid training of a server, Rachel Brien is not sure if she was still alive today. Rapid action to save a life She was out on a dinner at Ricky’s Country Restaurant on Marshall Road with her 20-year old son. She ordered a breakfast meal for dinner …

Rapid thinking with first aid saves the life of a woman Read More »

Calgary first aid

Child involved in near drowning ordeal given first aid care

A young boy, around 7-years old, is in a severe condition after nearly drowning in a public pool in St-Michel borough. Near drowning incident The police received a 911 call at around 6:35 PM saying that a young boy was found unconscious in a public pool on Francois Perreault St. According to Urgences-Sante spokesperson Stephane …

Child involved in near drowning ordeal given first aid care Read More »

Calgary first aid

A child involved in boating incident given first aid care

A 6-year old is dead after a boating incident. A North Vancouver family was boating on Kalamalka Lake in Vernon when the incident occurred. There were reports of a drowning incident at Kalamalka Lake which was south of Vernon. According to Vernon RCMP, the family was boating on the lake and was returning to the …

A child involved in boating incident given first aid care Read More »

Calgary first aid

Baby who stopped breathing given CPR

Nikita, an 8-week old is recovering at Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario after a cardiac arrest. The Ottawa Paramedics reported that the quick thinking of the bystanders and paramedic dispatchers helped in saving the life of the baby. Baby on the line The little boy ceased to breathe while his parents were driving along St. …

Baby who stopped breathing given CPR Read More »

Calgary first aid

Child who drowned in pool given CPR

A 3-year old boy was given CPR in a drowning incident at a family pool in Brossard. Sadly, the boy did not make it. The child was discovered unconscious in a pool on Tardif St. He was rushed to a healthcare facility where he was pronounced dead. Watery ordeal The father of the boy administered …

Child who drowned in pool given CPR Read More »

Calgary first aid

Rapid thinking of New Waterford teen saves brother from choking

Tanner Smith-MacNeil will not forget how he was saved by his oldest brother. The 6-year old was playing a game of “hide the coin” in the living room of their New Waterford home with his brother Travis Smith-MacNeil, 8-years old. Believing that his mouth is a good place to hide the coin, Tanner placed the …

Rapid thinking of New Waterford teen saves brother from choking Read More »

Call Now Button Scroll to Top
× How can I help you?